Monday, June 27, 2022

Cascade Peaks to Kelso/Longview Elks … It’s Been a Busy Couple of Days

We arrived at the Cascade Peaks campground and were promptly greeted by a grumpy woman who couldn’t find our reservation. I had the confirmation in my phone showing that I had already paid … but she made me pay again. Not the best welcome. They were having a big ABATE Motorcycle Rally on one part of the campground … but other than the music at night, loud motorcycles in the park and hearing a few gunshots … we didn’t even know they were there!

We weren’t very impressed with the park. The water pressure was all over the place … sometimes it was low pressure, sometimes it was normal, sometimes it was high … all I know is it kept slipping past our toilet valves and overflowing our toilets. Our satellite internet worked great. They have 2 pools. One was closed with a need for a heater repair and the other was open. The kids couldn’t even swim in it because the water was freezing. We asked about it and found out it has a leak so cold water continually pours into it.

The hosts of the campground were very nice. Grace enjoyed the zip line and the tree swing. I enjoyed having a place to put together puzzles in the clubhouse that also housed the laundry. Grace and I (mostly I) put 2 puzzles together while we were there. Brent is still doing work on the RV. He installed 2 Max Fans - 1 in each bathroom. Being up on that hot roof doing that work is hard on him, but he wants to get it done so he does it.

We decided to leave 2 days early and travel to Longview. Since we are members of the Elks Lodge in Moses Lake we decided to camp in the Elks Kelso/Longview Lodge’s RV Campground. Brent grew up in Longview and we really enjoy Longview. I went shopping at Fred Meyer to pick up a few things. Today Brent replaced the RV battery and found the problem with the running lights and fixed that. He is such a hard worker! Grace and I did much more fun things today while he worked in the heat wave. We went to the Kelso Catlin Rotary Spray Park. It was so nice! There was a lot of shade, a nice breeze and a bunch of kids for Grace to play and get wet with. I even started listening to a new audio book called The Edelweiss Sisters by Kate Hewitt. My favorite genre of books is historical fiction … what’s yours?

I am trying something new … intermittent fasting. I am eating between 11 am and 7 pm. I just finished my 2nd day and so far I like it a lot. So far it doesn’t feel like dieting because I can eat pretty much anything … think healthy but not restrictive … during my 8 hours of eating time. We shall see if I like it long term. Has anyone else done this? Did you like it? Did you feel better? Of course with 3 dogs, I am walking everyday several times per day. It is so good for me … when I was working sometimes I wouldn’t even get up from my desk to go to the bathroom all day! I know TMI!

We are ready to head to Long Beach tomorrow. We will be staying at the Thousand Trails/Encore Park in Seaview. We have been there before. We will be there for 21 days. I am looking forward to beach walks, riding our bikes on the bike trails, Dylan’s Cottage Bakery and much more.




6 comments:

  1. Love the way the photos make a collage! Very artistic and even though the resolution isn’t so great it sure gives you the ideas of your day and Grace’s adventures. It is SO nice to have a “handy” husband, especially when your home moves and things wear out. You are having time to get things “in order” for longer trips. Glad you can enjoy things even if they aren’t always what you expect. Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love keeping up with your adventure! and, can’t wait to see you when you get to Scott’s Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, that was me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to read all the exciting things you are doing. What an experience for all of you! We are so happy for you and hope the trip continues to get better and better! Love you 😘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo sorry you had a bad experience at cascade peak, we’ve been there many times and not encountered those problems. Nice people and usually very quiet 🤫. The 11 to 7 eating habit does work, keep it up ❤️ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun to read about all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

On South to California

We are continuing on our travel south ... California is our next destination. We will be in California from August 10th to October 10th. We ...